Ever asked the question “How do I come up with social media content?”
Don’t worry, you are not the only one! Coming up with social media content as an entrepreneur can be tricky, frustrating and potentially exhausting if you don’t have a system or run out of ideas on a regular basis. My clients often ask me how I come up with social media content and I have to admit, now, it’s second-nature as I’ve been doing it for over 13 years.
But I have implemented a 3-step frame work to help you come up with social media content as an entrepreneur…
Step 1 – Revisit Persona Mapping (with depth)
Step 2 – Lean-in to your MVA (mission, values, approach)
Step 3 – Use your content pillars to bring consistency
…but more on that another time!
If you are stuck in a rut or have run out of ideas for social media content, I promise you, it doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, the ol’ rinse and repeat method is so key when you come up with social media content as an entrepreneur, as your ideal clients and customers need to get used to hearing the same things from you, to build that trust.
To be an authority in your industry or niche, you want to get comfortable with being repetitive… in fact…
“REPETITION = RECOGNITION” Holly Wood, The Flourish Mentor, 2023.
So give yourself a break and stop trying to rewrite the script with every single social media post!
If you need to get those content creation wheels in motion again, here are some creative ideas for coming up with social media content as an entrepreneur:
1. User-generated content: Encourage your audience to share their experiences or creations related to your brand or business. This could be anything from product reviews to photographs or artwork, videos or comments.
2. Behind the scenes: Give your community a look at the people, processes, and culture behind your brand or business. Share behind-the-scenes photos, videos, and stories that showcase what it’s like to work at your company, with you or be your client.
3. Industry news and trends: Keep your community informed about the latest developments in your industry by sharing news articles, reports, and other relevant content. This will help build your authority and positioning too.
4. Thought leadership: Establish your brand as a thought leader by sharing expert opinions, insights, and advice related to your industry or niche. You can always bring in guests and collaborations too.
5. Infographics: Make complex data, systems or processes easy to understand by presenting it in a visually engaging way, such as an infographic or graphic carousel. Do you have a methodology/approach/formula that you live or work by? Make it visual!
6. Live events and webinars: Host live events and webinars that provide value to your potential clients and customers and give them a chance to interact with your brand in real-time. (Remember when things used to trend on twitter!?)
7. Contests and giveaways: Encourage engagement and build excitement around your brand or business by hosting contests and giveaways on your social media channels. Make it simple and fun to take part (so many businesses over-complicate it and put people off).
8. Time-lapse videos: Create time-lapse videos that show the process of creating your products or services or you doing something within your business.
9. Interactive polls and quizzes: Engage your community and gather valuable insights by asking questions and conducting polls and quizzes on social media. Market research for you and fun content for them.
No excuses now, there’s 9 ideas to come up with social media content that you can implement right away!
Try it now, brainstorm 3 ideas for each of those 9 ways and you’ve got 27 social media posts right there! That’s a month’s worth of content!
I’d love to know if you found this helpful! Feel free to slide into my DMs & let me know.